The Federation of International Football Association(FIFA) has released a 24 man shortlist for the 2017 FIFA Ballon D’Or or FIFA best men’s player of the year. With France Football and FIFA ending their partnership last year there are now two awards to be won namely the former’s traditional Ballon d’Or and the latter’s Best Men’s’ Player award.
As has been the case in recent years the list is dominated by players from the Spanish La Liga. Lionel Messi and Criatiano Ronaldo remain the favorite as well with one of them expected to walk home with the trophy come October.
Champions League winners, Real Madrid are well represented on the list with the likes of Keylor Navas, Dani Carvajal, Sergio Ramos, Marcelo, Luka Modric, Toni Kroos and Ronaldo making the list. It will also be recalled that Real Madrid also won the La Liga, FIFA club world cup and the UEFA super cup respectively.
Barcelona have four players on the 2017 FIFA Ballon D’Or list namely; Lionel Messi, Luis Suarez, Neymar Jr* and Andres Iniesta. Neymar has since moved the Ligue one to join PSG.
Champions League finalist and seria A champions, Juventus has three representatives on the 2017 FIFA Ballon D’Or shortlist. They include Gianluigi Buffon, Paulo Dybala and Leonardo Bonucci who has joined AC Milan.
Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Harry Kane, Alexis Sanchez, Eden Hazard and N’Golo Kante are the only premier league players on the 24man 2017 FIFA Ballon D’Or shortlist with none expected to win it of course.
2017 FIFA Ballon D’Or Shortlist | Full List of 2017 FIFA Player of The Year Nominees
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (GAB – Borussia Dortmund)
- Leonardo Bonucci (ITA – Juventus/AC Milan)
- Gianluigi Buffon (ITA – Juventus)
- Dani Carvajal (ESP – Real Madrid)
- Cristiano Ronaldo (POR – Real Madrid)
- Paulo Dybala (ARG – Juventus)
- Antoine Griezmann (FRA – Atlético Madrid)
- Eden Hazard (BEL – Chelsea)
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic (SWE – Manchester United)
- Andres Iniesta (ESP – FC Barcelona)
- Harry Kane (ENG – Tottenham Hotspur)
- Ngolo Kante (FRA – Chelsea)
- Toni Kroos (GER – Real Madrid)
- Robert Lewandowski (POL – FC Bayern Munich)
- Marcelo (BRA – Real Madrid)
- Lionel Messi (ARG – FC Barcelona)
- Luka Modric (CRO – Real Madrid)
- Keylor Navas (CRC – Real Madrid)
- Manuel Neuer (GER – FC Bayern Munich)
- Neymar (BRA – FC Barcelona/Paris Saint-Germain)
- Sergio Ramos (ESP – Real Madrid)
- Alexis Sanchez (CHI – Arsenal)
- Luis Suarez (URU – FC Barcelona)
- Arturo Vidal (CHI – FC Bayern Munich)
Voting for the 2017 FIFA Player of The Year will be done by; national team coaches, captains, selected media and the fans. Voting for The Best FIFA Men’s Player 2017 starts on Monday 21 August.
To vote for your best player on the 2017 FIFA Ballon D’Or shortlist visit FIFA website FIFA.com. Voting closes on 7 September with the final lists of three nominees for the men’s and women’s player and coach categories as well as for the FIFA Puskás Award, the FIFA Fan Award and the brand new The Best FIFA Goalkeeper Award – will be announced in mid-September.
Date For 2017 FIFA Ballon D’Or : 2017 FIFA Player of The Year Award
The 2017 FIFA Ballon D’Or will given during The Best FIFA Football Awards ceremony on Monday 23 October. The ceremony will be held in London.
What do you think of the 2017 FIFA Ballon D’Or. Who do you think is going to win The Best FIFA Men’s Player 2017?