Facebook dating is a new dating service offered by Facebook to its users to help you find love and perfect matches. According to Facebook, the Facebook dating service is to help Facebook users to find meaningful relationships through things that they have in common such as similar interests and groups. I will be showing you how to set up a Facebook dating profile in no time. You will love this dating feature from Facebook.
PLEASE NOTE: You must 18 years or older to be able to use Facebook Dating.
Facebook has been thrilling users with innovative features that you cannot just resist. This Facebook dating feature is one of such recent innovations by Facebook. The dating service by Facebook comes with a lot of features to help you enjoy every bit of it. The dating feature comes with powerful matchmaking algorithm that ensures that you find sweet on point dates on Facebook dating.
Like most of the new Facebook features, dating on Facebook is only available on the latest Facebook apps in some select countries. Since the end of 2019, Facebook dating has been available in the Americas, some parts of Asia and recently, in Europe.
Facebook has taken advantage of its vast technology to make this one. It takes away the difficulty of you creating a separate dating account. It even adds your Instagram so that you can share a post on your Instagram directly on your Facebook dating profile. You can as well add Instagram followers and Facebook friends to your Facebook dating secret crush list. Read to the end to see how to create Facebook dating account.
Features Of Facebook Dating
Here are some of the amazing features of the dating service by Facebook.
1. It is free.
2. It does not require a new or separate Facebook account to set up a dating profile.
3. You must have a Facebook account to use it.
4. You can add your Instagram posts to your profile on Facebook Dating.
5. Ability to opt into Events and Groups to see people with similar interests, though, remember, you will also be visible to them.
6. You can share details of date – with your live location – via a friend on Facebook Messenger, to ensure you feel safer on a date.
You are able to add Facebook and Instagram Stories to your dating profile if you wish.
7. The ability to report and block anyone, prohibiting people from sending you photos, videos, messages, and so on.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: Facebook Marketplace – How To Buy and Sell On Marketplace on Facebook
How Does Facebook Dating Work?
1. Setting Up Your Dating Profile: First of all, you will have to set up your dating profile. This your dating profile is different from your normal Facebook profile. You personalize your dating profile by adding details like height, religion, job title, degrees and education, and whether you have children, etc. Also, Facebook may suggest photos and information from your Facebook profile, which you can edit or remove when you are creating your dating profile. You will also choose your gender preferences during the setup process.
2. Finding a Match: You will only be suggested to others already into Facebook Dating, and people will be suggested to you based on your preferences, interests, and other things you do on Facebook as well. You cannot be matched with your Facebook friends unless both of you add each other to your secret crush list.
3. How To Contact a Match: If you are interested in someone, all you need do is to comment directly on their Facebook Dating profile or tap on the Like button to let them know. If you are not interested, you can pass. All these will stay on Facebook Dating. It won’t be shared with Facebook.
Secret Crush List: What is it all About?
The Secret Crush lets you match with people whom you already know on Facebook and Instagram. You are given the chance to select up to 9 of your Facebook friends or Instagram followers to a list called Secret Crush list.
Those people will get a notification telling them that someone has a crush on them. If your crush adds you to his or her Secret Crush list too, then, it is a match. However, if your crush doesn’t add you to their secret crush list or is not on Facebook dating, Facebook Dating, there won’t be a Match.
How To Set Up Facebook Dating Profile
Setting up your Facebook Dating Profile is very simple and easy. All you need is to have a Facebook account and a mobile device with the latest Facebook app on it. To create Facebook dating account, follow the steps below.
1. Download the Latest Facebook mobile app or Update your Facebook app to the latest version.
2. Log in to the Facebook app on your mobile device.
3. Tap on the three horizontal lines at the bottom right of your screen for iOS and top right of your screen for Android users.
4. Tap Dating from the options. You can create a Dating profile from there.
5. Alternatively, You can also access Dating by typing “Facebook Dating” into the search bar on your Facebook app and tapping the Facebook Dating shortcut that props up.
PLEASE NOTE: Facebook Dating feature is only available on the Facebook apps for Android and iPhone. You won’t be able to access Dating on your computer.
Facebook Dating Security Tips
Because of the risks that come with online dating generally, these are some of the valuable precautionary measures or things you can do on your own part to ensure that you protect yourself from criminals who may escape the inbuilt Security measures from Facebook.
1. Share Carefully. You must be mindful of the type of information you want to share with anyone on Facebook dating. Such information as the last name, financial information, email, home address, phone number, place of work etc has to be protected cautiously.
2. Watch out for Scams. These may come in various forms. Examples include – Wanting to leave Facebook dating immediately to use personal email or IM to chat, quick claims to love you, or plans to visit but claims something bad came up so he or she cancelled the earlier plan to visit.
3. Do Not Send Money. On no account should you try to send money to anyone via any means.
4. Getting to Know Someone. Yes, this is as important as it gets. Try to really find out who the match is before going deep in communication with him or her.
5. Meeting in Person: When meeting physically, ensure you do the following to protect yourself.
- Tell someone about your plans
- Meet and stay in public
- Monitor any alcohol or substance consumption
- Arrange your own transportation
- Make sure your mobile phone is charged
- If you Feel Uncomfortable or Unsafe, End the date and arrange your own transportation home.
If you still have questions or contributions to make concerning Facebook dating, please Feel free to let us know via the comment box below.