FIRS Recruitment 2016 Ongoing – The Nigerian public are hereby informed that the Federal Inland Revenue Service [FIRS] recruitment is currently in progress. Those who are interested in the FIRS recruitment should seize this opportunity and apply.
The agency made an official announcement on Monday through their official website. The application proper for the FIRS Recruitment 2016 will resume on Monday, 29th August, 2016 through their official portal.
Deadline for submission of application is six (6) weeks from the date the web portal is available (Monday, 10th October, 2016) Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
Official Announcement for the FIRS Recruitment 2016
Below is the official announcement for the FIRS Recruitment 2016:
The Federal Inland Revenue Service as part of its consolidation strategies, wish to engage the services of early starters with integrity, drive and desire to win professionally, to strengthen its workforce. Applicants are to note that regardless of the position advertised, the following are minimum general requirements for all applicants.
Applicants are to note that regardless of the position advertised, the following are minimum general requirements for all applicants:
YOU CAN ALSO DOWNLOAD THE RECRUITMENT 2016 FULL PDF FILE THROUGH THE LINK GIVEN BELOW.
Minimum Qualifications/skills base
- A Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Accounting, Law, Economics, Banking & Finance, Engineering, Geology, Statistics, Computer Science or other relevant discipline in the quantitative field
- Computer literacy and conversancy with Microsoft office, Web Applications and the use of relevant applications for efficient delivery of service
- A Higher National Diploma in Accounting, Economics, Banking & Finance, Engineering, Geology, Statistics, Computer Science or other relevant discipline in the quantitative field
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Strong team spirit and ability to effectively delegate
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong Analytical skills
- Knowledge of the Nigerian Tax Laws and appreciation of their application and understanding of the regulatory framework within which the FIRS operates;
- Knowledge of business/industry environment within which taxpayers operate
- Ability to work as a regulator with the courage to ensure full compliance with laws
Minimum Character attributes For FIRS Recruitment 2016
- Be of good character and must not have been found guilty of any criminal offence or should not have been indicted at or dismissed from their places of work or other environment
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
Minimum Past Performance level for FIRS Recruitment 2016
- Demonstrated ability to determine conformity and non- conformity to set standards in processes and procedures and demonstrated courage and ability to eliminate, rectify or close determined non-conformity to standard character attributes
- Demonstrated courage in ensuring change within the organization he or she has worked through the effective discharge of his or her responsibility in spite of resistance to change efforts
- Demonstrable impactful presence in the work place as a direct result of the individual’s ability to effect positive and sustainable change in his/her environment
FIRS Recruitment 2016 Application Requirement(s)
Applicants are also to note that regardless of the position advertised, any of the following will be an added advantage:-
(i) Master’s degree in related discipline
(ii) Relevant and recognized professional certification and qualification
Other General Requirement(s) for FIRS Recruitment 2016
In addition all Applicants must:-
- Have an NYSC Discharge or exemption certificate
- Be certified as mentally fit for appointment into the Service by a recognized Medical Doctor in any of these class of
- National Hospital
- Government Teaching Hospitals
iii. Federal Medical Centers
- Provide contact details for three references (from last employer, a close family relation and tertiary institution) from whom confidential reports on character and demonstrated abilities can be obtained
- Present a certificate of State of Origin and Local Government signed by the Chairman/Secretary of their Local Government.
PLEASE NOTE: Certificates endorsed by Liaison offices will not be accepted.
METHOD OF APPLICATION for FIRS Recruitment 2016
FIRS considers computer proficiency a key requirement for anyone who aspires for a job in the Service. Accordingly, Applicants are expected to fill their applications online. Application forms can be found at the FIRS website www.firs.gov.ng/careers . This FIRS application portal will be available with effect from Monday, 29th August, 2016. Please follow the instructions to fill in your application.
Only applications in respect of the advertised positions would be considered. All individuals are expected to apply to only ONE position.
Multiple applications by one Candidate for more than one job will be disqualified. Upon submission, applicants will receive an acknowledgement containing a reference number which must be quoted in all future correspondences.
Deadline for submission of application is six (6) weeks from the date the web portal is available (Monday, 10th October, 2016).
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
Director, Human Capital Management Department
FEDERAL INLAND REVENUE SERVICE [FIRS]
TO DOWNLOAD FULL FIRS RECRUITMENT 2016 ANNOUNCEMENT: click here.
You can bookmark www.dewlite.com on your browser. You can also like our Facebook page Dewlite.com for our daily updates.
For any questions or clarifications on the FIRS Recruitment 2016, leave a comment below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.