Do you know that the Nigeria Customs now have an official auction portal? The era of fraudulent activities with the name of the Nigeria customs are over. Now you can directly buy cars from Customs, buy other goods through the Nigeria customs auction portal. The portal was launched recently to eliminate fraud which has become a menace in the Nigeria customs auction sales.
With this smart move from the Nigeria Custom service to launch an e-auction portal, the era of fraudsters presenting themselves as custom officers have come under serious threat. This is because all custom auction sales will be done online via the Nigeria customs auction portal.
There will be an open bid online on the Nigeria custom auction website. At the end the highest bidder will go home with the item. The commonest commodity on sale since the launch of the Nigeria customs auction portal is car.
Criteria To Use The Nigeria customs auction portal – www.customs.gov.ng
During the announcement of the launch of the Nigeria customs auction website, there were some set out criteria that must be met for one to be able to take part in any bid on the Nigeria customs auction portal for cars and other goods.
READ ALSO: N-Power Past Questions & Answers | N-Power Test Questions & Answer
According to the official customs website, the following are the requirements needed to be able to use the Nigeria customs auction portal:
- Applicant must have a valid TIN(Tax Identification Number) issued by the FIRS with an active e-mail account.
- An applicant shall pay a non refundable fee of One Thousand Naira (N1,000.00) as administrative charge.
- An Item is auctioned “as is” as such request for replacement or refund shall not be entertained.
- The successful bidder shall make payment within five (5) working days.
- Failure to pay within five (5) working days the item reverts to the second (2nd) highest bidder.
- The successful bidder has two (2) weeks from the date of payment to remove the item bidded for or forfeit same at the expiration of the two (2) weeks.
- Any auction item not removed from the warehouse within fourteen (14) days from the date of payment shall revert to its pre-bidding status.
- Take note for overtime cargo, that the successful bidder shall in addition pay 25% charges for Shipping line and Terminal operator respectively.
- Bidders shall be allowed to bid for more than 2 items per bidding window.
- For claiming items, the winner shall present;
i. A valid copy of paid assessment and bank receipt (optional in case of e-payment);
ii. E-mailed code to identify owner after payment;
iii. A notarized letter in case owner sends representative. (Where owner is present uploaded photo on registration will do.)
iv. Provide proper identification with the notarized letter such as International passport, Driver’s licence, Voters card or National I.D.
- The dwell time for this Online Auction Sale shall be Twenty-Eight (28) days.
- Third party claims shall not be entertained.
- Officers of the Nigeria Customs Service are excluded from participating in this Auction.
- Owner of seized item is excluded from bidding for same.
- Conditions and terms of this auction are to be carefully considered by an interested person before acceptance.
- Applicant undertakes to abide by the conditions and terms of this auction
CLICK HERE TO LOGIN NIGERIA CUSTOMS AUCTION PORTAL
We believe that this information was helpful. Please share with your friends and family on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and other social media. Do not allow your loved ones to fall victim to fraudsters again. Let them use the Nigeria customs portal in the Nigeria customs auction website.
Please we will like to hear your comments on this smart move by the Nigeria custom service to launch a custom e-aution (Nigeria Customs Auction Portal), Nigeria auction website or Nigeria customs e-auction portal.
Feel free to use the comment box below to get back to us.