The Nigeria Customs service has launched an online auction portal called e-auction portal. This portal will now serve as a means through which you can buy cars from Nigeria customs. To buy anything from the Nigeria customs you have to bid via the Nigeria Customs Auction Website.
You can now buy used cars and other goods from Nigeria customs via the Nigeria customs auction website. In this post we I will outline things you should know about the Nigeria customs auction website and how to buy cars from Nigeria Customs auction website.
This new customs auction portal will be the channel through which the Nigeria customs will sell all impounded commodities. Things sold via the portal will be based on public bidding online and the highest bidder will buy the item.
Things You must Know about Nigeria Customs auction Portal
Before you can use the Nigeria customs auction website, you need to meet certain requirements which includes:
- Applicant must have a valid TIN issued by the FIRS with an active e-mail account.
- Applicants shall pay a non refundable fee of One Thousand Naira (N1,000.00) as administrative charge.
- An Item is auctioned “as is” as such request for replacement or refund shall not be entertained.
- The successful bidder shall make payment within five (5) working days.
- Failure to pay within five (5) working days the item reverts to the second (2nd) highest bidder.
- The successful bidder has two (2) weeks from the date of payment to remove the item bidded for or forfeit same at the expiration of the two (2) weeks.
- Any auction item not removed from the warehouse within fourteen (14) days from the date of payment shall revert to its pre-bidding status.
- Take note for overtime cargo, that the successful bidder shall in addition pay 25% charges for Shipping line and Terminal operator respectively.
- Bidders shall be allowed to bid for more than 2 items per bidding window.
- The dwell time for this Online Auction Sale shall be Twenty-Eight (28) days.
- Third party claims shall not be entertained.
- Officers of the Nigeria Customs Service are excluded from participating in this Auction.
- Owner of seized item is excluded from bidding for same.
- Conditions and terms of this auction are to be carefully considered by an interested person before acceptance.
- Applicant undertakes to abide by the conditions and terms of this auction
For claiming items, the winner shall present;
i. A valid copy of paid assessment and bank receipt (optional in case of e-payment);
ii. E-mailed code to identify owner after payment;
iii. A notarized letter in case owner sends representative. (Where owner is present uploaded photo on registration will do.)
iv. Provide proper identification with the notarized letter such as International passport, Driver’s licence, Voters card or National I.D.
How to buy car from Nigeria Customs auction website.
Below, I have listed the Procedures to buy cars from Nigeria custom auction site. It is also the same procedure to buy other custom impounded goods new Nigeria customs auction website.
If you meet the criteria to buy cars from Nigeria Customs auction website, follow the steps below to:
- Visit the e-auction trade portal via https//app.trade.gov.ng/eauction.
- Register for an account on the website and an e-wallet will be automatically created for you.
- Select any of the banks listed on the website and fund your e-wallet. The funds on your e-wallet will be used for bidding, as an administrative fee of N1,000 is required per bid which will be deducted from the e-wallet.
- Take your time to go through the items available for bidding before placing a bid.
- If your bid is won, pay for the item and other sundry fees within 5 days at any designated bank.
- Then go and claim your goods from the customs area command location where the won item is located.
Please we will love to hear your comments and views on the Nigeria customs auction website launch and possible advantages and disadvantages.
For questions, comments or clarifications on Nigeria Customs Auction Website and How To Bid In Nigeria Customs Auction portal, please feel free to use the comment box below.