West African College OF Surgeons April 2017 Primaries, Parts I & II Examinations Application Procedure – This to inform all the doctors in the house that applications for the West African College OF Surgeons (WACS) April 2017 Primaries, Parts I & II as well as DA Examinations commenced. All those interested should see the details on how to go about the applications here.
The college recently released the announcement on the dates, venues and process of application for the West African College OF Surgeons April 2017 Primaries, DA, Parts I & II Examinations Application Procedure on their official website. That full details on the West African College OF Surgeons April 2017 Primaries, DA, Parts I & II Examinations Application Procedure and examination dates and venues are given below.
Full Details on the West African College OF Surgeons April 2017 Primaries, DA, Parts I & II Examinations – www.wacscoac.org
The April 2017 Fellowship Examinations of the West African College of Surgeons (WACS), in the Faculties of Anaesthesia, Dental Surgery, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Ophthalmology, Otorhinolaryngology, Radiology and Surgery, will hold from 19th April to 3rd May, 2017.
Date and Venues the for West African College OF Surgeons (WACS) April 2017 Primarie – www.wacscoac.org
THE PRIMARY EXAMINATIONS WILL HOLD ON FRIDAY 21st APRIL, 2017 IN SIX CENTRES AS FOLLOWS:
- University College Hospital (UCH), Ibadan, Nigeria
- National Centre for Women Development (NCWD), Abuja, Nigeria
- Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital (KBTH), Accra, Ghana
- National Orthopaedic Hospital (NOH) Main Hall, Enugu, Nigeria
- Komfo Anokye Teaching hospital kumasi
- Connaught Hospital, Freetown, Sierra leone
Date and Venue For The 2017 WACS Parts I&II Examinations – www.wacscoac.org
The WACS Parts I&II Examinations will hold from 19th April 2017 (Obstetrics & Gynaecology) and 24th April 2017 (Anaesthesia, Diploma in Anaesthesia (DA). Dental Surgery, Ophthalmology, ORL, Radiology and Surgery) in Two Centres namely:
* University College Hospital (UCH) Ibadan, Nigeria
* Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital (KBTH) Accra, Ghana
* Candidates applying for the Primary Fellowship Examinations must be Medical Practitioners who are fully registered in member countries, have acquired at least one year-post-registration experience. Candidates must register and pay ONLINE by logging on to www.wacscoac.org where candidates passport photograph, Degree Certificate and Evidence of FULL registration with Medical & Dental Council of their countries will be unloaded. Provisional Registration Certificate or Annual practicing License is NOT Acceptable.
* As part of primary registration requirement, candidates are to print the CERTIFICATION page from the website to be endorsed by the supervising Consultant or HOD and UPLOAD the signed Certification page along with other required documents ONLINE. NO DOCUMENT SHOULD BE SUBMITTED TO THE COLLEGE SECRETARIAT.
* Candidates are advised to carefully populate appropriate fields meant for surname and other names, any confusion that arises from this will not be entertained.
* Candidates should ensure that the same name is used when making offline payment and registration for primary Examination, any disparity between name for off line payment and the one for online registration would lead to candidates disqualification.
* Relevant documents such as evidence for change of Name should be uploaded where applicable.
* Candidates applying to sit for diploma in anaesthesia examination must have completed the requisite 12months training in anaesthesia in an accredited institution. Application must be submitted with approved log book/ portfolio and copies of appropriate relevant documents to the College Secretariat.
* Candidates applying to sit the Part I Fellowship Examinations must have passed the Primary Examination of the West African College of Surgeons or its equivalent and satisfactorily completed appropriate years of Post graduate training as prescribed by the relevant Faculty in the institutions accredited for the purpose by the college, Candidates are required to submit their original Certificates of Training (COT) form with dates of commencement and completion of training clearly stated, Altered or defaced COT will not be accepted. submission of photocopies of logbooks duly certified by their training consultants is compulsory. Surgeon in training registration evidence and attendance certificate of relevant update courses are required.
* Candidates applying to sit the Part I examination in the faculty of radiology must indicate the specialty of interest ie (radiodiagnosis or radiotherapy) as it appears on item no.6 on the application form.
* Candidates applying to sit for part II (final) Fellowship Examinations must have passed the Part I Fellowship Examinations of the West African College of Surgeons and satisfactorily completed appropriate years of Postgraduate training and worked in their specialty for at least Two (2) Years in an Institutions(s) accredited for the purpose by WACS as prescribed by the relevant Faculty. Candidates are to submit their original Certificates of Training (COT) form with dates of commencement, completion of training and various postings/appointments, clearly stated, Altered or defaced COT will not be accepted.
* Specialty as it appears on item no.6 in the application form should be completed (this is applicable to part 11 dental surgery, radiology and surgery)
* Candidates applying to sit surgery part II must submit 3 copies of their dissertations and 3 copies of approved proposals separately bound in spiral format and a copy of their resident log book at the time of submission of application for the examination. They should in addition bring their files of the raw result of dissertation with them to the venue of the oral examination. it is the candidates responsibility to retrieve both his or her log book and dissertation at the end of the examination. A copy of the dissertation shall be kept by the college.
* All first time applicants for Part I & II in the Faculty of Surgery should submit the original of their log books along with the photocopies of the Log books and their application forms for the examinations. Fresh Candidates who submit only the photocopies of their logbooks will be disqualified from the examinations. Each Candidates should collect his/her original log books from the College Secretariat one month before examinations and should arrive at the venue of the examinations with the original of their logbooks.
* Candidates who wish to sit October 2017 part II examinations in O&G must submit Case Books and dissertations latest by Friday 31st March 2017.
* Candidates applying to sit for dental Surgery must submit Two Copies of their log books while part 11 candidates for anaesthesia, ORL and radiology are to submit a photocopy of their log books, three copies of approved proposals and three copies of dissertations before the closing day of applications. original copies of log books should be brought to the examination venues.
* All Part II candidates must submit an evidence of attendance of Manuscript Writing Workshop and the Health Management and Ethics Workshop.
* Further details are available in the Prospectus of the College
EXAMINATION FEES for the West African College OF Surgeons April 2017 Primaries, DA, Parts I & II Examinations – www.wacscoac.org
- Primary Examination – N110,000.00
- Diploma in Anaesthesia (DA) – N110,000.00
- Part I Examination – N160,000.00
- Part II (Final) Examination – N200,000.00
Mode of Payment for the West African College OF Surgeons April 2017 Primaries, DA, Parts I & II Examinations – www.wacscoac.org
For Candidates sitting Examinations in Nigeria
All payments for Diploma, Part I & II should be made at any UNITED BANK FOR AFRICA PLC (UBA), into ACCOUNT NO.1014816816 ACCOUNT NAME “WEST AFRICAN COLLEGE OF SURGEONS”. Original copy of teller should be attached to the application forms while candidates are advised to keep a photocopy.
For Candidates in Nigeria opting to sit examinations in Accra, Ghana, should make payments at any UNITED BANK FOR AFRICA PLC (UBA), into ACCOUNT NO.1014816816 ACCOUNT NAME “WEST AFRICAN COLLEGE OF SURGEONS
THE COLLEGE SHALL BEAR NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR PAYMENT INTO WRONG ACCOUNTS, CASH PAYMENT OR BANK DRAFT IS UNACCEPTABLE.
* Candidates must indicate their names in Teller Column ‘Paid By’.
* Candidates should write their Faculty and part of the Examination on the TELLER and submit same with their Examination
* Application Form to the College Secretariat either in person or by Courier Only
Application for the West African College OF Surgeons April 2017 Primaries, DA, Parts I & II Examinations
Current application forms are available at the College Secretariat in Yaba, Lagos and WAPMC Liaison Office at UGMS, Korle Bu, Accra, Ghana Accra. Application forms can also be downloaded from the College Website: www.wacscoac.org
ALL APPLICATION FORMS MUST HAVE ATTACHED “DOCUMENTS INCLUDED CONTROL FORM WITH 2017 INSCRIPTION MUST BE USED; THESE CAN BE DOWNLOADED FROM THE COLLEGE WEBSITE.
DEFERMENT OF EXAMINATION AFTER SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION OR REFUND OF EXAMINATION FEES AFTER PAYMENT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE
All Application forms must be submitted with:
* Original Bank Teller – Primary/Part I/Part II
* Copies of Dissertations and approved Proposals – Part II
* Relevant certificates and photocopy of Log Books in spiral bound format (DA,Parts I & II)
* All first time applicants for Part I & II Surgery are to submit Original and photocopies logbooks
* Evidence of attendance at Manuscript Writing Workshop (Part II)
* Evidence of attendance at Health Management and Ethics Workshop Part II
* Evidence of training since passing Primary and Part I
* Evidence of training since passing Primary and Part I(Part II)
* Evidence of registration as Surgeon in training (S.I.T) Part I candidates only
* Relevant documents for Change of Name(where applicable)
* 3 self-addressed envelopes with sufficient postage stamps (DA,Parts I & II)
Candidates should indicate their email addresses and telephone numbers on application forms.
Closing Date for application for West African College OF Surgeons April 2017 Primaries, DA, Parts I & II Examinations
The closing date for the submission of completed application forms is January 13th, 2017. Candidates for the Part II (final) Examinations in Anaesthesia, Dental Surgery, Ophthalmology, ORL, Radiology and Surgery must submit their dissertations by the closing date
No late submission would be accepted.
Applications and Dissertations submitted later than January 13th 2016 would not be processed.
NOTE: Any Candidate that does not meet all the requirements as at the closing date would not be allowed to sit the examinations.
Secretary General WACS
The above details of the West African College OF Surgeons April 2017 Primaries, DA, Parts I & II Examinations are gotten from www.wacscoac.org. That is the WACS official website.
For more information on the West African College OF Surgeons April 2017 Primaries, DA, Parts I & II Examinations, you can go to the WACS website and click on April 2017 application forms.