Nigerian Navy DSS Recruitment 2016/2017 – The general public are hereby informed that the Nigerian Navy DSS Recruitment 2016/2017 has started and interested candidates should not miss this chance as application is totally free of any sort of charges. Here we provide you every details on the Nigerian Navy DSS Recruitment 2016/2017.
The news oth the Nigerian Navy DSS Recruitment 2016/2017 was announced to the general public via the the Nigerian Navy official website and Nigerian Navy recruitment portal – www.joinnigeriannavy.com and www.nigeriannavy.mil.ng.
If you have been nursing the ambition to join the Nigerian Navy, then the Nigerian Navy DSS Recruitment 2016/2017 presents you with a golden opportunity to do so. The Nigerian Navy DSS Recruitment 2016/2017 is for all professional areas in the Nigerian Navy. So make your dreams of joining Africa’s most prestigious Navy come through by taking advantage of the Nigerian Navy DSS Recruitment 2016 exercise.
Full details of the Nigerian Navy DSS Recruitment 2016/2017 – www.joinnigeriannavy.com
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified Nigerians for enlistment into the Nigerian Navy through the Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Course 24 which commences on 26 October 2016 and closes on 23 November 2016.
Nigerian Navy DSS Recruitment 2016/2017 Application Method – www.joinnigriannavy.com
Interested members of the public are requested to note the following information on method of application for the Nigerian Navy DSS Recruitment 2016/2017. Applications are free of charge. Applicants are to apply only once. Multiple online applications will be disqualified.
Nigerian Navy DSS Recruitment 2016/2017 Application steps
- Applicant’s Declaration and Certification by Parent/Guardian form.
- Local Government Area Certification Form.
- Police Certification Form.
You Can Also Apply for the Nigerian Navy DSS Recruitment 2016 via – www.joinnigeriannavy.com
Nigerian Navy DSS Recruitment 2016 General Information
Candidates interested in the Nigerian Navy DSS Recruitment 2016 are to read and take note of the following before proceeding with the Nigerian Navy DSS Recruitment 2016 application.
1. Applicants are warned against giving false information or tendering fake certificates. Any false information or fake certificates discovered at any stage will lead to disqualification and subsequent prosecution of the applicant.
2. Applicants must possess a minimum of Second Class Upper Division for holders of First degree and Upper Credit for HND holders. Computer literacy will be an added advantage.
3. Applicants must possess certificates of full registration with their respective statutory professional bodies in Nigeria.
4. All applicants must be single.
5. Applicants must possess NYSC discharge certificate or letter of exemption from NYSC.
6. Male applicants must not be less than 1.70 meters tall while female applicants must not be less than 1.67 meters tall.
7. Applicants should be between 22 and 28 years of age by 31st December 2016 except Chaplains and Imams who should not be more than 30 years. Those over 28 and 30 years, as applicable, need not apply.
8. Applicants will be shortlisted for a qualifying aptitude test. The date, time and result of the aptitude test will be placed on this website.
9. Applicants are to choose any of the following centres for the qualifying aptitude test:
a. Abuja – Command Day Secondary School, Mogadishu Barracks.
b. Bauchi – Command Day Secondary School, Shadawanka Barracks.
c. Owerrinta – Nigerian Navy Finance and Logistics School, Owerrinta.
d. Lagos – Nigerian Navy Secondary School, Ojo.
e. Port-Harcourt – Nigerian Navy Secondary School, Borokiri.
f. Sokoto – Army Day Secondary School, Giginya Barracks.
10. Applicants are to bring the following to the Aptitude Test Centres:
a. Parents/Guardian Consent Form.
b. Local Government Attestation Card.
c. Acknowledgment Form.
d. Photocopies of Certificates including NYSC Discharge Certificate.
11. Please note that any attempt to inundate the Naval Headquarters with letters from any quarters by any applicant will be viewed as a ploy to undermine the enlistment process and will lead to disqualification of such applicants. In addition, applicants are to note that the entire enlistment process is free and they should refrain from giving money to any individual under any guise.
SUBMISSION OF FORM
12. On completion of the application form, applicants are advised to click SUBMIT on the portal and generate the applicant’s transaction ID. Applicants are advised to print out a copy of the Application Summary. For technical support call 08062090473 and 08033063694 between 0800 and 1700 only.
13. The Nigerian Navy DSS recruitment 2016 exercise will commence with an aptitude test and screening of certificates of candidates at designated centres for various states nationwide from 9 April 2016. You are advised to carefully read the instructions on the website or call the following support lines from 9am to 4pm on working days: 08124511398 and 08159999011.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS FOR Nigerian Navy DSS Recruitment 2016
Applicants for the Nigerian Navy DSS Recruitment 2016 must:
- Possess a minimum of 5 credits in not more than 2 sittings in WASSCE/GCE/NECO/NABTEB (English and Mathematics inclusive).
- Be between the ages of 18 – 22 years while 24 – 26 years are the acceptable limit for those with OND, NCE, Nurses and Motor Transport Department (MTD) respectively. Candidates with higher qualifications than those specified in the guidelines should not apply.
- Applicants must be single and of Nigerian origin by birth.
- Required height of 1.70 metres for Male and 1.67 metres for Female.
- Check for full detailed instruction at www.navy.mil.ng.
Full details on the Nigerian Navy DSS Recruitment 2016 – www.navy.mil.ng
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified Nigerians for enlistment into the Nigerian Navy through the Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Course 24 in the underlisted departments:
Applicants must possess BSc/HND in Nautical Sciences. Membership of relevant professional body will be an added advantage.
2. ACCOUNT AND BUDGET
Applicants must possess a Bachelor’s degree or HND in Economics, Accounting and Business Administration or HND in Business and Accounts. Membership of a professional body like ICAN, ANAN, ACMA, ACCA, ACA will be an added advantage.
Applicants must possess a Bachelor’s Degree from a registered institution of theology from either of the following:
a. Catholic Mission.
b. Protestant Mission.
Applicants must have completed 2 years apprenticeship in Apostolic Ministry and be recommended from the pastoral missions. In addition to qualifications required, applicants must be of male gender and duly ordained clergy of their respective Christian faith.
Applicants must possess B.Ed in relevant fields. Holders of first degree with PGD in the following fields are also eligible:
b. English Language.
j. Computer Science.
Applicants must possess a BSc or HND or equivalent qualifications in the following fields:
a. Naval Architecture/Ship Design.
b. Mechanical/Marine Engineering.
c. Electrical/Electronic Engineering.
d. Aeronautical Engineering.
Membership of Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE) and Council of Registered Engineers of Nigeria (COREN) will be an added advantage.
6. HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
Applicants must possess a BSc, BA, HND or equivalent qualification in Personnel Management, Public Administration or Human Resource Management. Membership of NIM and other relevant bodies is an added advantage.
Applicants must possess a BSc or HND in the following fields:
d. Physical Oceanography.
Membership of NIS is an added advantage. Applicants with BSc degree in Physics and Mathematics must possess a Post Graduate Diploma in Land Survey to be eligible.
Applicants must possess BA Degree in Islamic Studies with special reference to Islamic Jurisprudence and Theology. Diploma in Counselling Psychology will be an added advantage. Applicants with Post Graduate Diploma in Islamic Studies must have 5 years experience. Applicants must be able to read and write in English Language.
Applicants must possess a BSc or HND in the following fields.
a. Mass Communication.
c. Public Relations.
d. Printing Technology.
f. Television Production.
g. Computer Technology (Desktop Publishing).
Membership of NIPR will be an added advantage.
10. INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY
Applicants must possess BSc/B.Tech/B.Eng in Computer Science or Computer Engineering. Priority will be given to candidates with relevant qualification in:
a. Website development and management.
b. Networking and network administration.
c. Programming multimedia and software development.
d. Server and database administration.
e. Information and cyber security.
Certification in relevant fields will be an added advantage.
Applicants in the medical field must possess the following qualifications:
a. Doctor/Dental Surgeons: MBBS, MBchB or equivalent. Must be fully registered by the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria and must possess a current practicing license.
b. Pharmacist: B.Pharm degree and be fully registered with the Pharmacy Council of Nigeria and have a current practicing license.
c. Radiographer: Minimum of BSc/HND in Radiography.
d. Nursing: B.NSc or equivalent with post basic qualification in a nursing field. Sub specialisations such as ICU, A&E, Theatre, Anaesthesia will be an added advantage.
e. Dietician: B.Sc or HND Dietician/Nutrition. Must be registered with Dietetics Council of Nigeria.
f. Medical Lab Scientist: Must possess either a BMLS or AIMLS and its equivalent and be fully registered with the Medical Laboratory Scientist Council of Nigeria as well as possess a current practicing license.
g. Physiotherapist: Must possess either B. Physiotherapy or BMR (Bachelor of Medical Rehabilitation). Must be registered with the Medical Rehabilitation Therapist Registration Board of Nigeria (MRTB) and possess a current practicing license.
h. Medical Records/Health Information Management: Minimum of BSc/ HND required.
i. Public Health Officer: Minimum of BSc/HND in either Environmental Health or Community Health Information and Education. Must be fully registered with the Environmental Health Officers Registration Council of Nigeria (EHORCON) and possess a current practicing license.
j. Optometrist: Bachelor’s degree in Optometry or B.Optometrist. Must be a fully registered optometrist, dispensing optician by the Optical Council of Nigeria and have a current practicing license.
k. Hospital Administration: Minimum of BSc/HND Hospital Administration required.
l. Biomedical Engineer: Minimum of BSc/HND in Biomedical Engineering required.
m. Clinical Psychologist: Minimum of BSc/HND in Clinical Psychology and Applied Psychology required.
Applicants must possess BA/HND in Music. Proficiency in any musical instrument will be an added advantage.
Applicants must possess BA/HND in Physical & Health Education or equivalent. Proficiency in any physical sport will be an added advantage.
BSc/HND/B Eng in the following fields:
a. Transport Management.
b. Economics, Business Management or in Purchasing and Supply (PS).
e. Civil Engineering.
f. Quantity Survey.
g. Structural Engineering.
h. Final Certificate of Nigerian Institute of Transport Technology.
15. LEGAL SERVICES
Applicant must possess LLB and BL (A minimum of 2 years post qualification experience is required).
The above information is all you need to know to apply for the Nigerian Navy DSS Recruitment 2016/2017 via the Nigerian navy employment portal. We will keep you updated on any further development on the Nigerian Navy DSS Recruitment 2016.
If you have any questions to ask concerning the Nigerian Navy DSS Recruitment 2016/2017, feel free to use the comment box below. We will assist you from here.
As we said earlier, the application for the Nigerian Navy DSS Recruitment 2016/2017 is free of charge. Ignore anyone telling you to pay money for the Nigerian Navy DSS Recruitment 2016/2017. It is fraud!