Hi Guys! Do you for any reason want to take a little air outside Facebook? Do you wish to take some little time away from Facebook and all the scrolling and eye on the screen stuff it brings? In this article, I will be showing you how to deactivate your Facebook account in a few easy steps. You can always get your account back if yow want to.
Facebook as we know it today has grown to become the biggest social media platform all over the world. Yeah, You heard me right. Nearly two third of the entire population of the earth are on Facebook.The Facebook platform is fun. It allows you to connect, chat, call and share photos, videos and other files with your loved ones.
Please help us to share this article with your friends and loved ones on the social media.
Apart from being able to connect with loved ones, It has given many businesses a platform to reach a wide range of global audience. That is to say that you can give your business a global reach using Facebook via the Facebook business platform.
We know that the platform also for has it’s weaknesses too and so, you may have grown tired and would still want some break away from Facebook. I will show you a simple step by step guide on how to deactivate your Facebook account temporarily.
Are you wondering how you are going to be able to deactivate Facebook without losing your account? Never mind, I’m here just to help you do that. In this article, I will be showing you how to deactivate Facebook account easily.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: Facebook Dating – How To Set Up Facebook Dating Profile Easily
What Happens If You Deactivate Your Facebook Account?
Oh well, before you deactivate your Facebook account, you need to know what happens if you deactivate your Facebook account. The following things will happen if you deactivate your Facebook account.
- Your Facebook account will remain intact in the background but will not be live. This means that your friends and loved ones will not see you on Facebook in this period.
- No one else can see your profile.
- Your account will be disabled and your name and photos will be removed from most things that you have shared on Facebook.
- Some information, such as messages that you sent to friends, may still be visible.
- Your friends may still see your name in their friends list. This is only visible to your friends, and only from their friends list.
- Group admins may still be able to see your posts and comments, along with your name.
- You will not be able to use your Facebook account to access Oculus products or your Oculus information.
- Pages that only you control will also be deactivated. However, if you don’t want your Page to be deactivated, you can give someone else full control of your Page. You’ll then be able to deactivate your account without deactivating the Page.
- You can still chat with friends on Messenger.
- Your Facebook profile picture will still be visible in your conversations on Messenger.
- Other people can search for you to send you a message.
How To Deactivate Facebook Account
To deactivate your Facebook account temporarily, please follow the simple steps below.
How To Deactivate Facebook Account via Facebook Mobile App
1. Log in to your Facebook account via the mobile app. That is because you cannot deactivate your Facebook account if you are not logged into the account.
2. Tap on the menu bar (three horizontal lines) at the top right hand corner for android or bottom right corner for iPhone and iPad.
3. Scroll down and tap on “Settings and Privacy” option as shown below.
4. Tap on settings and from the drop-down menu, select “Personal Information“.
5. Then tap on “Manage Account” in the next page.
6. On the next page you will see ” Legacy contact and Account“. Tap on the “Deactivate” at the right side of account.
7. Facebook will require you to enter your password again to be sure that it is actually you that wants to deactivate your account and not someone else who had access to your account.
8. Enter your password and tap on “Continue” to deactivate your account.
READ ALSO: How To Buy and Sell On Marketplace on Facebook
How To Deactivate Facebook account From Computer and Online
1. Use any browser of your choice and log in to your Facebook account.
2. Click on the menu button (Inverted triangle) at the top right hand corner of the home page.
3. Click on “Settings and Privacy” from the drop-down menu.
4. Next, click on “Settings” from drop-down menu.
5. Select “Your Account Information” on the left hand side of your screen. Third option from the top left hand side.
6. Scroll down and click “Deactivation and Deletion” on the next page. It is the last option on the page.
7. Check the “Deactivate account” box and then click on “Continue to Account Deactivation”
8. Enter your password and click on “Continue” to deactivate your Facebook account.
READ ALSO: Facebook Avatar App: Facebook Avatar Maker | Facebook Avatar Creator
How To Reactivate Your Facebook Account After Deactivating it
As you already, your account remains active in the background even after you have deactivated it. So, you can easily get it back when you’re ready to come back.
To reactivate your Facebook account, simply login to your account either online or via the mobile app and boom, you will have your account back.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: How To Download Facebook Gameroom on Desktop
Do you still have questions on how to deactivate Facebook account, feel free to leave a comment for us below. Please help us to share this article with your friends and loved ones on the social media.